Sunday, December 4, 2011

How old do I need to be to buy a prepaid Debit Card on my own?

I'm 14 years old, can I just go to a supermarket and buy a pre-paid debit card, like without my parents or anything? I don't really know how debit cards work, but I just want to shop for stuff online for downloading without my parents knowing (video games). I don't have a bank account, so I would need a prepaid one i guess. Could I get one on my own and just use it online?|||That's the great thing, they are PRE-PAID. As long as you have the money on you and can pay for the card too (most places charge a min. fee for the reloadable card) you can purchase it. Some sites don't allow pre-paid cards, so do some checking. Then just go to a store that sells them and put the money on the card.|||Yea you should be able to go to a grocery store or convience store and buy one. They dont id you for that. Im over 18 but I have one and they never ask for any type of information. Once you get your prepaid card you will have to register online and activate your card. They usually cause between 3.95 to 5.95 and you just load how much money you want on there. And all of them have monthly fees which is usually no more the $5. Btw a bank account is free! But since your so young you need your parents to be there. If its your money you made you should feel comfortable talking to your parents about this and tell them you want to spend your money on this. Let me know if you have any more questions. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment