Thursday, December 15, 2011

Received a new debit card a long time before old one has expired?

Hi





I am with Halifax bank and have an expresscash visa debit card. I received a new debit card today, despite my old one not expiring untilo 2011 (its 1 year old). Now my new one expires in 2012. I was just wondering if this is normal. Also, the card number is different - same account number/sort code but the long number (16 digits) is slightly differnt.





Would like some reassurance on this. Thanks.|||I would question them why you have a new card but as for the long number, they always change because this is what people enter into their systems to deduct monies from your account so each card has to be different.





KD|||Not sure why they have sent you a new card so long before your other one expires. Check new card works ok %26amp; destroy old card - you could ask Halifax why they have issued new card before you destroy old one.


Usually last 4 digits change on new card %26amp; security code on back also changes for your safety - in case you have card details recorded with any Companies. I have been with Halifax for many years %26amp; have never had this happen to me.|||yes both cards still work. Unless you cancel your previous card its still active in most cases. I would suggest either put it up for an emergency card in case you loose your new one or just destroy it and notify your bank you've lost that card and to deactivate it.|||Good Day To You All.





I want to Introduce My Company to you,I am Rev.Mrs Erica Motte,the


Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Erica Foundation. We are a


reputable,legitimate %26amp; registered Company.Approved by the American and


England


Government,an Affiliate of the American Bureau of money lenders.We


give out Loans to individuals in need of financial assistance at ones


convienience with a reasonable interest of 3%. Do you have a bad credit or


you are in need of money to pay bills?


Services Rendered include:


*Refinance


*Home Improvement


*Inventor Loans


*Auto Loans


*Debt Consolidation


*Line of Credit


*Second Mortgage


*Business Loans


*Personal Loans


*International Loans


Please write back if interested.


We await your Quick Response,you'll be mailed a Loan application form to


fill.


No social security and no credit check, 100% Guaranteed.


We Look forward permitting me to be of service to you.


Sincerely,


Rev.Erica Motte,


Managing Director,


Erica Foundation.


E- mail us on niceloanfirm1@sify.com


Thank you as I wait your response.|||yes this is perfectly normal a lot of banks do this you can even use your new card now

No comments:

Post a Comment