Thursday, December 15, 2011

What does it mean to use a debit card as a credit card?

I went to the store and used my debit card. The guy said they didn't take debit, and I had to sign instead of put in my pin. What's that all about? Do I have to do anything now? Is there going to be a fee?|||Normally when you use your pin, the money gets taken out RIGHT THEN AND THERE.





Credit, means the money will stay in, until the company takes it away (can take up to three days.)





Debit - right now


Credit - a few days.|||The only difference I've seen is that you don't need a PIN when you use your debit card


as a credit card. You have to sign instead. I wouldn't use a debit card as a credit card


though to do anything but make small purchases simply because a real credit card gives


you a means of challenging a charge if it is unfair or you returned the goods and they


won't give you a credit. The debit card is like using cash whether you sign as a credit or


put in as a debit.|||No


You have nothing to worry about

No comments:

Post a Comment