Monday, December 12, 2011

How old do you have to be to have a debit card?

My daughter is 13 and she has an ATM card with bank of america. She keeps asking me for a debit card. How old does she have to be?|||I don't think there is an age requirement per say, but your name would have to be on her account as well. I personally do not think any 13 year old is responsible enough to have a debit card. I see plenty of adults who still cannot balance their accounts correctly. There are places that offer Visa card's that are used like gift cards, but they are accepted everywhere. When there is no money left it simply will not allow you to use it, and there are no overdraft fees. I would suggest trying that first until she can prove to you she can keep track of her money and then try the debit card at a later date.





Also, an ATM card and debit card are not the same thing. An ATM card can only be used at the ATM where as debit cards can be used anywhere they are accepted.|||You have to be 16 to get a Debit card from Keybank. I think you have to sign up for her. You can do it online, by phone or at the bank itself.|||A debit card and atm card are the same.





Chase Bank offers the High School Checking account at 13.|||Isn't an ATM card a Debit card?

No comments:

Post a Comment