Thursday, December 15, 2011

If I use my debit card and choose charge, will it try to pull funds right away?

Because of the banks being closed today, a transfer that I deposited Friday has not shown up yet. I have a couple of urgent purchases but not enough funds. If I use my debit card as a credit card, will that give me 24 hours? Will an approval code for the full amount be needed? I live in the U.S by the way. Thank you in advance for your advice!|||When you use your debit card and choose credit (charge) instead, It does not immediately take out the funds. It places them on "hold" until the funds are verified. Debit takes them right away. If you did the transfer friday after 2, it wont show up until tuesday because today is columbus day and the banks are closed. You should be fine. I think that they transactions and the transfers will show up at the same time. Don't worry-I have been in your situation before.|||It doesn't matter whether you pick debit or charge, with a debit card, the money is deducted very quickly.|||Yes, it can pull the charges right away. You cannot spend what is not available in the account. You will most likely get an overdraft fee from your bank.|||Don't know with the banks closed, but normall when you use your "debit" card the funds are transferred immediately out of your account. They may do this even with the banks closed. To be safe, I would wait until you know the funds have been deposited.|||depends. wachovia will atomaticall take funds out and charge you fee even though transaction will not post for up to three days|||As far as I know if the debit card is also a visa or MasterCard, if you use it as a debit it will come out instantly.....if you use it as a credit card where you have to sign, it will take 2-3 business days.

No comments:

Post a Comment