Saturday, December 17, 2011

How do I make a DEBIT CARD at 19 ?

So I asked my mom if I could make a debit card, but she said that she would have to go with me to sign some papers at the bank.





Do I really need a parent with me in order to make a debit card at 19 years old?





I don't have any credit. Can I get a debit card by myself?





Thank you so much!|||How do you GET* a debit card?





1 - You need to have money, your own money.


2 - You need to take that money to a bank, (any bank,) open a checkin account, and deposit your money into said account.


3 - Ask the bank for a debit card.





If you are in the United States, you only need to be 18 to open your own checking account.|||A debit card is "attached" to a checking account.


IF you have a checking account, talk to your bank.


If it is YOUR account, your mother would have nothing to do with it; it would depend on the bank and the banking regulations.|||At 19, you don't need your mother to open a bank account. The debit card is tied to checking accounts.

No comments:

Post a Comment