Thursday, December 15, 2011

How do I prevent scratches on a credit or debit card besides not using it?

Sorry if wrong category.





I deleted my other question because I didn鈥檛 ask the question correctly. My debit card magnetic strip was warn out after only 6 months of use. It started just this week being hard to read at merchants. Yes. I have used my card a lot. I had to use a plastic bag to get the terminal to read the card. I have ordered a new card. They didn鈥檛 charge me this time. A blog person said on a different website to use tape on the magnetic strip to prevent scratches. I am not trying to get anything for free. I even asked my bank about this. They said nothing about using the tape. I want to know if the tape method works or is there another method you could use to prevent scratches.|||Use a one of those clear sleeves, that will do the job.|||According to my bank. Tape is not a good idea. People had problems using the card or got stuck in the Atm.

Report Abuse


|||Try tape, clear thin tape though.





It can't hurt it.|||My bank, gives me small envolopes for the cards. If your bank doesn't, try asking other banks.|||Just do all you shopping online, and put the credit card in a placard someplace near the computer for easy access to it.|||Your bank can provide a little card envelope to keep it in. Just ask.|||I've never heard anything about using tape but if you do, I'd wrap the tape around to the other side of the card too so when you swipe your card the tape won't eventually peel back or cause the card to get jammed in an atm. Or just try using cash more often.





J|||put it in a card holder . a slot in your wallet or purse.

No comments:

Post a Comment