Thursday, December 15, 2011

How long does it take for a restaurant to hold your credit/debit card?

I just deposited money in my account yesterday, but it was after 2. They told me that i wont be able to take any money out until Thursday (Wednesday at midnight technically). I had planned on going out to eat with my boyfriend for our anniversary the next day. I was wondering if I go out to eat at around seven or so, that when i use my debit card to pay, it will charge it, but wont take the money out of my account until after midnight?|||No. The money has to be available when you use it. You may not be able to charge it until the money is available to be taken out of the account.|||Never use the words Credit or debit in your opening question, you will get spammed to death, as to your Q most any business these days do it electronically. so as soon as they swipe your card it goes through.

No comments:

Post a Comment