Monday, December 12, 2011

Is it possible to withdraw money from your bank account without a debit card?

I recently lost my debit card and I need funds from my bank. Is it possible to walk into my bank with my Account number and Sortcode and ID and show that to them, to get the funds from my account? My bank is english.|||If you mean withdrawing money from a UK bank while you are in US, I'd think this may only be possible if you are a US bank customer. Even then, there could be hefty extra fees and it may not be possible at all - you'd have to ask.





If you are withdrawing money in UK (you might be a student in another part of UK, for example) it should be possible if you go to another branch of your own bank. They will also arrange a replacement debit card for you and cancel the existing one.|||You can fill out a withdrawal form. Enter your name and your account number. Bring the form to the teller. He or she will ask for your driver's license and possibly a second form of identification. Then the teller will give you the money.





You can also write a check to yourself. Enter your name where it reads Pay to the order of. Do NOT write cash on this line. Bring the check to the teller. The teller will ask for your driver's license and then cash the check for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment