Saturday, December 17, 2011

Can you get a checking account debit card witout the visa logo on it?

Or the MC logo?


I don't want it to be able to be run as credit.





I want to be forced to type a 4 digit pin.





This is in case I lose it - someone does not go out on a shopping spree.


And then I would have to deal with fraud at the bank.





Banks used to - years ago.


But do they still do this for customers that request an


ATM/debit card only - without the credit part of it?|||Of course you can still get them. Just go in and ask for a debit card.|||All cards have a 4-digit PIN - it is the means by which you use the card in an ATM.


Virtually all debit cards these days have the Visa logo - never actually seen a debit card with the MasterCard logo.


Perhaps if you are so paranoid, you should stick to using cash. Billions of people use these cards without any problem|||You can go to your bank and ask. Some banks will still give you an ATM only card if you absolutely insist. But some banks don't have them available.





I finally gave up on returning the logo debit cards and asking for an ATM only card. I just take the stupid logo'd card and put it in a safe place. I never use it, not even at an ATM.

No comments:

Post a Comment