Thursday, December 15, 2011

How do I make a DEBIT CARD at 19 ?

So I asked my mom if I could make a debit card, but she said that she would have to go with me to sign some papers at the bank.





Do I really need a parent with me in order to make a debit card at 19 years old?





I don't have any credit. Can I get a debit card by myself?





Thank you so much!|||No, you don't need your mother and you don't need any credit.





Just go to any bank (Bank of America is probably your best bet as they don't charge overdraft fees and they have many locations) and sign up for a checking account and a savings account. If they're a major bank (BoA, Citi, etc) , they SHOULD set you up with a debit card on the spot. Most banks require you be over 18 to sign up for these accounts.





And just FYI, a debit card isn't like a credit card. It's linked directly to your checking account. It's nice because then it's almost impossible to spend more money than you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment