Sunday, December 4, 2011

Are there extra fees when you use your debit card in foreign countries?

I'm flying to S Korea tomorrow and I was wondering if I can use my Bank of America DEBIT card there. And if I can , will I be charged extra fees?|||In general the answer is yes and can be found in your bank's client info pamphlet they gave you when you opened the account. If you have a standard account, chances are you will incur o'seas charges. If you have a premium or a 'waive ' account, you may have those charges waived. You need to read your account agreement.


Choose your state and see what fees are applicable from this link http://www.bankofamerica.com/state.cgi?s鈥?/a>|||First of all contact your bank and let them know you are going overseas. When using your debit card there will generally be a charge not from your bank, but from government policy. As above said oversea penalty.

No comments:

Post a Comment