Sunday, December 4, 2011

Why is there there different amounts of money on my bank account than my debit card?

I opend an account at citi bank and 50$ are in the card and 10 on my savings. shouldnt it just be 60$ on my savings and I use whatever is in my savings with the card when I want. I do not understand I am 18 years old and new to banks/saving accounts/debit cards. Can anyone clear this up for me|||It appears that leftovers of your welfare check have gone missing oliver twist|||Your question is pretty confusing. A debit card is tied to your bank account, usually a checking account. It just accesses the money in your bank account. There isn't separate funds on the card.





If you don't understand how the debit cards works with your bank account, go to the bank and ask someone to explain it to you. Ask questions and don't leave till you understand it. Otherwise, you are going to end up with a huge overdraft and lots of fees.|||You have two bank accounts. One has $50. The other has $10. The total is $60. Your card goes with the one account and not the other. If you want to have access to all $60 with the card, ask Citi to move the $10 into the account that has $50 and to close the account that has $10.|||Why do you think there are 50 on the card??? How did you determine that? A debit card does nto have an amount tied to it. It simply removes money from the account to which it is tied.





If you don't understand it, don't use it.|||It sounds like you have 2 separate accounts there. One checking, one savings.





Your post is hard to comprehend. Maybe go to the bank tomorrow and ask them to explain banking to you, or if you have parents, ask them.|||MAYBE YOU HAVE 2 DIFFERENT ACCOUNTS A CHECKING AND A SAVING

No comments:

Post a Comment