Monday, December 12, 2011

Can I use my debit card as a credit card?

I want to purchase a few things at the grocery store today, but I haven't deposited my paycheck into my account yet. Is it possible to use my debit card as a credit card and then deposit my paycheck into my bank acct on Monday morning so that way I am not overdrawn? Is it possible to do this? Please answer soon as I need to get food for my puppy and coffee for tomorrow! Thanks in advance!|||If its a debit/Visa card the money will be taken out immediately.


Please allow 3 to 4 business days for that check to completely clear.


Remember that Monday may be a bank holiday. I'm pretty sure. Feed the dog some old bologna and go to a car dealership or an oil change shop for some free coffee.


Bank NSF fees at my bank are $35 / item then 6 / day.


Be carefull!!!


Also remember that when you deposit your paycheck it does not process until 4pm. It might give you $50 right away after that time until it clears.


Also, banks now allow "courtesy overdraft". They allow you to make purchases but charge you that $35 dollars. That's a huge money maker for banks since you might not have any clue your account is below 0.|||You can use a debit card as a credit card if it has a MasterCard or Visa logo. However, if you don't have any money in your account to cover your purchase, the sale won't go through no matter how you use it. |||nope, doesnt work that way ... get direct deposit so you don't have to worry about this again.|||You should know the terms and conditions of your bank account including the debit card. What you are asking for is "overdraft" use.|||no you cant it will come up as declined a credit card is exactly that its credit you use then pay back a debit card you use only when your money is in the account

No comments:

Post a Comment